The current levels of investment in the Forest Hospital project is valued more than Rs. 95 Crores. The Hospital became functional on 26th December 1995. However, it was formally inaugurated by Shri H.D. Deve Gowda Ji, the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 28th of July 1996. The Hospital is continuously being expanded and upgraded to keep pace with both the ever increasing dependence of the local and regional populace on its services as well as to keep in tandem with the advancements in the medical field. The Hospital has a capacity of 600 beds. The hospital is being further developed and expanded in the following phases:-
Phase-I (Existing Facilities): The following facilities are available in the hospital:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Pathology, Microbiology & Biochemistry
- Skin & VD
- Tb & Chest
- Emergency Services are available
- Blood BankNeurosurgery
- Oncology (Functional)
- Burn Unit etc. (To be started very soon)
Medical equipment of state-of-the-art technology and valued at worth more than Rs. 28 (Twenty Eight) Crores have been purchased and installed in the Hospital.
The Hospital has been equipped with: Both outdoor and indoor services are operational.
- Cardiac-Monitoring systems
- Echo machine with Colour Doppler
- Image Intensifier TV
- Dialysis machine
- X-ray machines
- Ultra sound machine
- Spiral CT, etc
- Echo-Cardiography are available in Cardiology.
- A fully equipped 11 (Eleven) Bedded I.C.C.U. / I.C.U. has also been established.
The quality of health-care services provided in the Hospital is perhaps the best available in the region. Presently,
- This Hospital has been made the Referral Centre for all Government Hospitals in the Kumaon region, which reflects the recognition given by the Govt. for the services being provided by the Hospital in such a short span of time.
- It has also been declared the Teaching Hospital for the Medical College at Haldwani which is coming up under the auspices of Uttarakhand Forest Hospital Trust.
- The Hospital charges Rs.5/- as a registration charge per patient (Valid for 15 days).
- Rate for General ward is Rs.5/- per bed per day (first 3 days, no bed charges).
- X-Ray is being done at Rs.30/- per X-ray.
- Surgeries, Procedures, Investigations etc. are being carried out at Uttarakhand Government rates.
- A medical store has been started in the Hospital for the benefit of the patients. From this medical store, the patients are provided good quality medicines at ‘concessional’ rates.
- The Hospital is having its independent and fully equipped engineering services, kitchen, laundry, central sterilization unit etc.
- Some of the most reputed organizations of the region such as the Hindustan Machine Tools (HMT), Pantnagar University, T.D.C., N.H.P.C., Indian Veterinary Research Institute (I.V.R.I.), and Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited has empanelled the Uttarakhand Forest Trust Hospital to provide medical care to their employees and several others are considering the same.
- This Hospital has approx. 200 doctors at present. Most of the services of the Hospital like-security, cleaning, general maintenance etc, have been arranged on contractual basis.
For the Hospital’s Rates & Charges for various services and facilities, please click here.